= Mission =
To ensure a coherent, comprehensive approach to quality health informatics education and training in Australia, so that the health workforce is able to leverage advances in health informatics to improve health service delivery.
AHIEC News @AHIEC
An extensive program of eHealth Education Courses and Training Workshops is
now available to build eHealth skills and competencies - taught by experienced
healthcare system implementers and eHealth practitioners.
AHIEC News @AHIEC
The AHIEC 'Health Informatics - Scope, Careers and Competencies' Document
(V1.9) has been endorsed by the AHIEC Steering Committee and will undergo
regular reviews. Please email updates to
AHIEC General Information e-Mail List:Join the AHIEC e-mail list: www.AHIEC.org.au/mailman/listinfo/info_AHIEC.org.au
Areas of FocusAHIEC is a community of interest that strives to fulfil its Mission through focussed activities in:
- identifying the needs for health informatics education and training in the health system
- identifying current and emerging competencies required in health informatics
- encouraging a high quality health informatics education delivery system
- building recognition of the importance of health informatics
RolesAHIEC has roles in the above areas of focus which include the following activities:
- analyse and forecast education and training requirements and strategies
- develop policy proposals
- provide leadership and advocacy
- liaise with key agencies such as Health Workforce Australia (HWA), the Department of Health and Ageing (DoHA), the Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (DEEWR) and training providers.
Structure and Participation
The Australian Health Informatics Education Council is a community of interest open to participation by any person or organisation with an interest in Health Informatics Education in Australia. No formal admission or membership process is required, but joining the AHIEC Information e-Mail List is highly recommended. Focussed activities usually occur in AHIEC Working Committees which meet either face-to-face or by conference call to progress their work. All participants receive notification of meetings and copies of documents and their comments and suggestions to the AHIEC e-Mail List are welcome! AHIEC and its activities are governed by its Steering Committee.
Please 'Share' this with anyone that may be interested in AHIEC:
|" data-layout="button_count" data-send="false" data-show-faces="false" data-width="110"> */ ?>||
Auspicing OrganisationsThe Auspicing Organisations also constitute the AHIEC Steering Committee:
Australian Computer Society (ACS)
Health Information Management Association Australia (HIMAA)
Health Informatics Society of Australia (HISA)
Health Level 7 Australia (HL7)